With the increase in prevalence of many systemic diseases increasing, so too are the associated retinal findings. This course will discuss some of these systemic conditions and their retinal findings. Attention will be paid to diagnosis and treatment as well as appropriate referrals. Cases will be used to demonstrate actual scenarios.
Saint Louis, MO
- 1. Become familiar with some common, and some less common systemic conditions.
- 4. Discuss treatments for retinal conditions associated with systemic diseases.
- 3. Discuss how these systemic conditions affect eyes, and in particular retinal pathology.
- 6. Discuss the importance of integration of eye care into overall patient care.
- 2. Discuss prevalence of these conditions and some of the ocular findings that may be associated with them.
- 5. Discuss appropriate referrals for patients, and when referral for the systemic conditions is more important than eye care.