This course will parse the staging of dry AMD as well as dissect the morass of the OTC supplement market. In addition, a discussion of appropriate supplement recommendations for patients at risk for developing AMD will be offered. Finally, provide resources for the practitioner confronted by patients who have questions regarding new or obscure supplements.
Saint Louis, MO
- 1. Describe the role of key nutrients for eye health ?in age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
- 2. Determine the appropriate nutrients for different stages of AMD.
- 3. Differentiate the various nutritional supplements available.
- 4. Educate your patients on lifestyle factors and proper nutritional supplementation for AMD prevention and progression management.
- 5. Understand the implication of genetic testing for recommending supplements for those with dry AMD.
- 6. Appreciate the role of other complementary and alternative medicine strategies for dry AMD.