This course will introduce the basics aspects and foundational elements of infection control in the private office setting. The spectrum of infectious organisms, transmission routes, OSHA requirements for healthcare providers, standard and universal precautions will be discussed.
- 1. To identify the practical aspects of Infection Control that need to be considered in the optometric practice setting.
- 2. To review the principle microorganism’s involved in office-based contagion.
- 3. To raise awareness of identifiable transmission routes of office contagion.
- 4. To review OSHA requirements of healthcare practitioners and staff in mitigating risk of infection in the office setting.
- 5. To review CDC recommendations for mitigating risk.
- 6. To summarize Standard Precautions as defined by OSHA.
- 7. To summarize Universal Precautions.