Significant amounts of money are being recouped from healthcare providers by governmental and private healthcare insurers as a result of increased audits of medical records. This course will provide a review of the necessary knowledge base needed for coding and billing of Optometric claims, as well as the proper documentation required to support these claims. Material will be presented by subjecting the documentation of actual cases to the audit process. Emphasis will be placed on the elements that auditors focus on, as well as those identified in OIG (Office of the Inspector General) reports.
*Qualifies for CPOC renewal*
- 1. To learn the documentation requirements for CPT and ICD-10 codes
- 2. To differentiate between routine care and medically necessary eye care
- 3. To learn to properly code complex ophthalmic conditions
- 4. To explain current auditing principles and how you can help minimize your risk of an audit
- 5. To learn what to do if you are audited