This course will present OSHA requirements and CDC recommendations for mitigating against office-based infections. The concepts of cleaning, disinfection and sterilization will be defined and explored as they relate to Infection control in the office setting.
- 1. To review recommendations for Infection Control mitigation in the office setting.
- 2. To identify elements of the office space which need consideration.
- 3. To specifically discuss recommendations for treating surfaces, equipment, instrumentation and devices.
- 4. To review aspects of cleaning, disinfection and sterilization with regards to procedure setup and instrument storage.
- 5. To review the differences between cleaning, disinfection and sterilization.