Optometrists have been able to remove benign eyelid lesions in various states for many years now. When cutting into the eyelid to remove a benign lesion, it is imperative that one understands the eyelid anatomy. This interactive presentation will review the anatomy of the eyelids in relation to ophthalmic eyelid surgery. It will also review, update, and instruct the audience on the how's and why's of performing radiofrequency surgery in the optometric practice.
- 1. To become familiar and review the anatomy of the upper and lower lid.
- 2. To review the most common benign eyelid lesions and how they affect eyelid anatomy.
- 3. To review the most common malignant eyelid lesions and how they affect eyelid anatomy.
- 4. To become familiar with how anesthesia affects the eyelids and proper anesthesia techniques.
- 5. To become familiar with the various surgical techniques used in radiofrequency surgery.