As our patients age, so does the number of patients with chronic disease. It is becoming increasingly important for the eye care practitioner to understand the link between systemic disease and the eye. This course will be a detailed overview of those systemic conditions and how they can affect the eyes.
*Qualifies for CPOC renewal*
- 1) Understand the digestion process
- 2) Discuss diabetes and the effects on the eye
- 3) Understand hypertension and consequences to ocular health
- 4) Discuss hypercholesterolemia and the effects on the vasculature of the eyes
- 5) Understand rheumatoid arthritis and the its effects to the ocular surface