Multifocal designs are improving but the fitting can still be a challenge. The fitting process will be simplified as we review the available designs. The essential tips and tricks needed to fit our patients successfully will be shared. Communication is the key to building trust with our patients. We will explore the importance of word choice, detailed explanations and demonstrate how effective communication can improve your fitting success, show the value of our fitting fees and time and reduce the frustration amongst our patients. Several cases will be used to explain these fitting and communication tools.
- 1. To understand the concerns that patients have with presbyopia and how it impacts our patient's perception of us.
- 2. To learn a new way to explain presbyopia to reduce the fears, anxiety and frustrations that patients have.
- 3. To understand the different designs available and how to choose between them.
- 4. To develop a simplified system to fit all multifocal lenses.
- 5. To have tips and tricks to help fit those more complicated presbyopic cases.