The ocular health is assessed in detail with the slit lamp. This course will be an interactive course that will allow the optician to see what really happens through a 'virtual presentation' of the slit lamp exam and how it pertains to examining the ocular structures.
- 1) Understand the slit lamp evaluation and the various views obtained
- 2) Demonstration of the normal and abnormal function of the lids, lashes and the tear film
- 3) Understand the structure and function of the conjunctiva and cornea
- 4) Demonstrate the dynamic nature of the anterior chamber, iris and pupil
- 5) Understand the lens and vitreous and the clear structures inside the eye that contribute to either clear or cloudy vision