This lecture will summarize the most recent research results published in peer-reviewed journal and major meetings about myopia management. It will also bring unpublished (yet) data about clinical research made at UniversitÃ© de Montreal, on a cohort of near 500 myopic children, about efficacy of several myopia management strategies. IT will explain choroidal response to various optical stimulus and the confirmation of a dose-response phenomenon in humans. At the end, it will translate, into clinical reality, how clinicians should adapt their myopia management strategies to these new realities.
- 1. Understand the importance of myopia management in an optometric practice
- 2. Compare the efficacy of several strategies to alter natural myopia progression
- 3. Consider axial length as the key element to evaluate myopia progression
- 4. Analyse efficacy rate of proposed strategies vs natural myopic and axial length evolution over time
- 5. Select the most appropriate lenses based on patient's parameters.