Corneal topography is a clinical assement tool used for dry eye, refractive surgery, cataract surgery, and corneal health. Testing methods include placido disc, Scheimpflug imaging, slit scanning, and ultrasound. Combination systems incorporating aberrometry and refraction will be included in case discussions. Pattern recognition for common corneal pathologies will be discussed relative to system indices. Testing pearls will be shared to improve testing results.
- 1) To become familiar with different technologies used to assess corneal shape and power
- 2) To differentiate between commonly used map displays
- 3) To understand the importance of scale when interpreting topography maps
- 4) To recognize common pathological patterns of corneal disorders
- 5) To be comfortable with testing procedures and obtain good data with testing