You will gain an understanding of the imperative role of the front office staff and optometric technician in managing Red Eye 'Emergencies', as well as the most common presenting signs, symptoms, causes and treatment options in an Optometric practice.
- 1) Understand what questions to ask to determine how quickly a patient needs to be seen
- 2) Gain an understanding of the proper case history questions to ask
- 3) Learn what testing procedures to perform on all Red Eye patients
- 4) Identify the most common causes of Red Eye visits
- 5) Recognize Red Eye signs, symptoms and treatment options